Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Just one of those days

I'm catching up on lost time now with two posts in one day! :)

So yesterday was just one of those days where I really have to dig deep down inside and remember why on earth I am a mother and not only that, but a stay at home mom. Motherhood is hard enough in and of itself, but to be home all day long with these little guys is totally draining sometimes...especially on days like yesterday.

What do you other moms do when you get to that point?

4 comments:

  1. I'm 100% with you! I can totally feel for you and I only have one. There are days I honestly feel like just dropping Jerimiah off somewhere and leave! If you find something that works...LET ME KNOW! I usually feel better when Jerimiah says or does something completely cute (usually a day or two later) and then I remember why I'm doing what I'm doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what happened yesterday?

    play dates always helps those loooong never ending days. That way me and the kids get some peer time.

    My doctor's orders were

    1 - get out by yourself or with some girlfriends once a week without the kids.

    2 - date night with the hubby once a week (or do a baby sitting swap as often as possible)

    3 - once a month drop the kids off and go somewhere for a night or weekend with the hubby. We haven't done this yet, but fully intend to see if another couple wants to swap once we stop breastfeeding.
    Tess

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cry. Then I pray after all the bad feelings go away. That's after I scan the room wishing I could break everything in sight. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't been checking blogs lately- and I 'm glad that I read this post. Tonight was one of those days for me. (I think b/c gabriel didn't take a nap so both he and I were extra tired which leads to less patience and grumpiness on my part). So what did I do?
    Prayer. It reminds me how much the Lord loves me and my little family. And it reminds me that what I'm doing now has eternal value. I know those things, just sometimes I need a little gentle reminder.

    ReplyDelete